The official match ball for ISL new season
NIVIA Sports introduces the official match ball for Indian Super League - ASTRA, a Sanskrit word for weapon. Inspired by the divine art of weaponry, ASTRA’s unique graphic design embodies abstract forms of ancient astras in bold blue and red strokes bringing a dynamic fresh look to the new ISL ball. As an Indian sports brand NIVIA has always believed in reflecting Indian culture in sports.
What are ‘Astras’?
‘Astra’ is the Sanskrit word for weapons which are used by release from hand. Astras’ are different from ‘shastras’ - shastras are weapons that are held in hand while in use.
Football is a game which is not about holding a ball in hand like a ‘shastra’, but releasing it with lethal accuracy like an ‘astra’ to find its intended target.
Every footballer aspires to grow. Desires to move up from their world to the next. Fight together as a team to win. The stadium is the battlefield. Besides the talent and skills, a perfectly engineered ‘Astra’ compliments with Speed and Control.
True to NIVIA’s brand positioning of ‘Step out and play’ i.e. to get out of comfort zone to achieve goals, the new 8-panelled ASTRA compliments the skills to reach the stars.
The bold strokes in red and blue colours give cosmic look to the ball when moving through air. ‘Astras’ are perfect by divine design. NIVIA ASTRA represents similar perfection, approved by FIFA.
The concept behind Astra
Battles are fought in battlefields. Stadium is the battlefield. The dark ominous clouds over the stadium forms the backdrop representing intensity and seriousness of the looming challenge of a game.
Lightening symbolizes aggression that comes naturally when the stakes are as high as winning the ISL trophy.
The ball -Construction
The uniquely shaped 8-panel construction give excellent performance whether moving through air or rolling on the ground.
- ‘Astra’ football is made using just 8 Panels, thus reducing the seam length by 23%.
- The reduced seam length reduces air drag, improving aerodynamics to maintain true flight path. The player can shoot more accurately and precisely.
- Less seam length reduces space for water uptake, helping the ball maintain its weight in the wettest of conditions.
- High air retention ensures higher and predictable bounce under all weather conditions.
- PU micro-fiber leather offers good elasticity, low-temperature resistance and a true feel to touch, while retaining the shape better during play.
8-panel construction, reduces the seam
length and increases flatter heading area.
MultiFuze Technology: 3-layered Micro-fiber
leather panels are thermobonded together.
Stay tuned, Astra will be available for pre-order soon.